The Brother Procurator General provides Superior General and his Council with information from the Church regarding the right of religious.
The various aspects of his mission are as follows:
- To assure relationships between the Congregation and the Holy See,
- To draw up the dossiers for the requests for the dispensation of vows, cases of expulsion; to give them to the Vatican and to guarantee the follow-up until their conclusion,
- To follow up all the permissions asked of the Holy See,
- To assure obtaining juridical recognition, requests for visas, travel permits, appointments, academic credentials…
- To be a resource person for questions of Canon Law posed by Provincials or the General Council,
- To keep the archives of the Procurator’s office.